Sunday, December 6, 2009

Wedding cookies


These wedding cookies weren't for any specific occasion--just playing around during my first week at the bakery. I didn't get any close-ups of the green ones, but the boo boo there was that the green bled into the white after a couple days. I think that it would help if I colored the white even whiter (I just learned the other week that they make white icing coloring). Basically it just takes the royal icing from being sort of translucent into being a real white.

The same thing happened with the brown on the cookie in the back here. You can actually see it in this photo, and even better in the one below.

See?

Then there's the globbiness (spell check doesn't like that word, but I do!) of the detail work on them.

So, these were kind of a learning cookie. If I were to to do them again, I now know a couple of mistakes to avoid. It's better, I think, to find this out now, rather than if/when I'm doing them for a bride.

1 comment: